/

/

The Feltron Report: 2009

"Each day in 2009, I asked every person with whom I had a meaningful encounter to submit a record of this meeting through an online survey. These reports form the heart of the 2009 Annual Report. From parents to old friends, to people I met for the first time, to my dentist… any time I felt that someone had discerned enough of my personality and activities, they were given a card with a URL and unique number to record their experience." - Nicholas Feltron

Check it out

One of my favourite parts about starting a new year is a little something called, "The Feltron Report". This report is one man's yearly data about everything you could possibly imagine keeping tabs on (beverages consumes, places travelled, movies watched, etc.).

The best part though, is that the author, Nicholas Feltron, is an information designer. "What is an information designer?" Well I am glad you asked. Basically, an information designer takes data and visually translates into a print or digital form. Just like those little pie charts you see in the newspaper, or the interesting graphics in WIRED magazine; all of visualized data is created by a Nicholas Feltron somewhere.

This years report has again left me a little bit excited. Using Nimbas sans and Galaxy Copernicus as the san serif and serif, the report is extremely clean and features some lovely colour choices. If there is one other thing I might say to keep an eye out for when looking at this report is to look at the bezier curves on this thing. SMOOTH.

-Chad.